What a coincidence! Exactly the same day when we move in, some of the eggs turned into fluffy yellow furballs. Amazing! :)
OK, admittedly it was a kind of planned coincidence. The hen was obviously broody so we got her some fertilized eggs to extend our chicken breed variety. Now we have:
- 1 Black Araucana hen that lays green eggs.
- 1 Brown Araucana hen that lays brown eggs.
- 1 Light Sussex hen that lays brown eggs.
- 1 Coronation Sussex hen that lays brown eggs.
- 1 Wyandotte hen that lays brown eggs.
- 1 Pekin Bantam rooster.
And three weeks ago we have bought fertilized eggs for white-egg laying chicken:
- 4 Leghorn.
- 4 Campine.
- 4 Silver Sprengled Hamburg.
We’ll see how many of them will hatch, and how many of them are hens. :)