After 6 months of busy works with a builders’ sprint until the very last minute (the paint on the walls is still wet!), we’re moving in, just eleven days later than initially planned. 13 months of nomad lifestyle finally has come to and end and especially the last couple of weeks showed us very well that we’re in desperate need for some more consistency in life.
Our journey since we arrived in New Zealand:
- 7 weeks in the middle of a tree orchard in Riwaka.
- 2 weeks beach house on the West Coast.
- 2 weeks in a bach in Nelson, when we’ve got our shipping container back.
- 3 months in a house 200m further down our road.
- 7 chilly winter months in the neighbor’s house with the amazing sea views.
- 5 weeks in a bach in Riwaka.
In a retrospective, it was very exciting living at various places and I think we’ve picked quite some ideas for our own house in each of them.
Now it’s time to settle down.